Purging

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Purging

Postby vicnice » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:13 pm

How long should purging take to start? It seems like the process doesn't even start on my database. I click on it and tell it to purge a single tournament and I get the "Time elapsed 0:0:0 time estimated: unknown" window and it never does anything. Task manager says postgres is using some cpu time but very small amounts and then a half hour later nothing has started or is being done.

I know it needs to check which hands to be erased but this is ridiculous. For a single small tournament, it shouldn't take that long.
vicnice
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Purging

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:53 am

How big is the database?
You're right that for a single tournament I'd expect to see something happening pretty soon. Have you tried it again?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Purging

Postby vicnice » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:04 am

WhiteRider wrote:How big is the database?
You're right that for a single tournament I'd expect to see something happening pretty soon. Have you tried it again?


Not sure how many hands but the postgres folder is 25GB. I have tried several times with the same result.
vicnice
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Purging

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:34 am

I don't have a database that big to test in myself, but Kraada may have.
Try starting the purge before you go to bed and let it run overnight – it could take significant time in such a large database.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Purging

Postby kraada » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:32 am

That's probably in the 1.5-2 million hand range - leaving it overnight may work. Either way though make sure you have logging enabled for the attempt (by starting PT3 using the Logging Enabled link) and if it hasn't finished by morning, please do send us the log so that we can see if there's anything other than your database size that could be the problem (follow this tutorial to get us the logs).
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Purging

Postby vicnice » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:22 am

Thanks dudes, I always have logging enabled. I'll let it run overnight purging 1 tournament and see if it ever completes.
vicnice
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Purging

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks, please keep us posted.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Purging

Postby tarix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:46 am

vicnice wrote:Thanks dudes, I always have logging enabled. I'll let it run overnight purging 1 tournament and see if it ever completes.


Please submit your logs as well. We log a lot of performance data on purges and it would be nice to know where most of the time is going.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Purging

Postby vicnice » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:13 pm

I don't know what happened but it started working fine yesterday and I didn't even need to run it overnight. Maybe windows just needed a restart? I don't know. The purge I needed to do completed in like 30 minutes.

@ tarix I plan on doing a bit of purging of my database in the future so I will try to submit those logs too.
vicnice
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Purging

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:20 am

Thanks – we appreciate it.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests