PokerStars AHK

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: PokerStars AHK

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:34 am

The new hotkeys in the PokerStars software are working for me with PT3's HUD active.
Are they working for you when PT3 is not running?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: PokerStars AHK

Postby ottawapoker » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:46 pm

I reported the problem yesterday. I was informed to disable Windows UAC, and make sure it's running as "Administrator". I followed the steps, and the hotkeys are now working when PT is importing. Thanks, once again, for the great support.
ottawapoker
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:57 am

Re: PokerStars AHK

Postby ottawapoker » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:48 pm

To answer your question, WhiteRider...yes, the PokerStars hotkeys were working when PT was not importing.
ottawapoker
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:57 am

Re: PokerStars AHK

Postby Darvini » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:12 pm

I Have the same problem.

Hotkeys work when not importing. When I start to import the keyboard hotkeys stop to work and only mouse hotkeys work. Stopping importing wont get hotkeys back but exiting PT3 will. So what is Windows UAC?
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: PokerStars AHK

Postby Darvini » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Oh I got it. Disabled user account control and now keyboard hotkeys are working when importing. Feel relived since just bought a mouse with 12 keyboardkeys just for the hotkey function. THX
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: PokerStars AHK

Postby bigpairde » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:58 pm

hi,
the new hotkeys are not working for me. I am using windows vista. I ran the latest versions of pokerstars (update was yesterday iirc) and pt3 both as admin, I disabled UAC, rebooted, even played from my admin account (for some reason I couldn't run pt3 from my normal user account with UAC DISabled. whenever I rightclicked to run as admin, i would get an error message from pt3 instead of my admin login screen).

the hotkeys didn't even work when I stopped the autoimport.
any idea what I could be doing wrong here?
bigpairde
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 pm

Re: PokerStars AHK

Postby kraada » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Are the hotkeys working for you with PT3 closed?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: PokerStars AHK

Postby bigpairde » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:25 pm

I just tested this. yes, when PT3 is closed, the hotkeys are working. when PT3 is running but not importing, the hotkeys do not work. :?
bigpairde
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 pm

Re: PokerStars AHK

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:59 am

You need to have PT3 configured to Run As Administrator in order for the hotkeys to work. Can you tell us what error message you get when you try to Run As Administrator, or post a screenshot of it?

ATTENTION: Windows VISTA and 7 users, you must read this...
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: PokerStars AHK

Postby bigpairde » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 am

Hi WhiteRider,

yes, I am running stars and pt3 as admin. always.
I have set up my computer so that I have an admin account (which I hardly ever use) and a normal user account. In order to run stars or any other poker client or PT3 I always rightclick, then choose 'run as admin', enter my admin PW and I am good to go.

the really weird thing is that I get this error message after DISabling the UAC:
I disabled UAC, rebooted computer (so the disabling is effective), try to open PT3 and then the weird thing happens. After rightclicking the 'run as admin' I get this error message: http://i.imgur.com/Q18xd.jpg, instead of my windows login popup.

edit: I also followed the instructions in that popup and marked the 'run as admin' in the advanced area of properties. but I still get the error message when I try running pt3 as admin with disabled UAC. :(
bigpairde
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests