Page 1 of 1

Forum timewarped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:16 am
by Parket
Seems like all the dates on the forum have shifted forward in time...

Re: Forum timewarped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:20 am
by kraada
What time zone do you have the forum set as?

Re: Forum timewarped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 pm
by Parket
It seems to be fixed. I wasn't on drugs or anything :). All dates were like 6 weeks ahead, resulting in posts of today showing as Sept. 19. An old thread of mine showed as Aug. 24.

Re: Forum timewarped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:23 pm
by kraada
I heard a report recently of someone experiencing something similar but they had their time zone set to something very odd and when they set it properly the problem vanished. Either way I'm glad to hear it's looking normal to you again.

Re: Forum timewarped

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:35 am
by Parket
The problem is here again. All posts in this thread are showing up as Sep 19, 2011.
Edit: and this one here as Sep 21.

Re: Forum timewarped

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:38 am
by Parket
Problem indeed fixed with proper Timezone settings. I don't even know why these were all of a sudden changed. I looked into the User Control Panel of the forum, and the Timezone was set to Baker Island Time (UTC-12) ?! Set it back to CET and all fine again. Still weird that a Timezone causes such a difference in dates. The difference should be 1 day at most.

Edit: can't even reproduce now. When setting back to Baker Island time, it just shows as the correct local time/date.

Re: Forum timewarped

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:09 am
by WhiteRider
Weird - I'll let the person in charge of the forum know, but this doesn't seem to be a general issue.