Need help transfering Hand History from Mac to PC

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Need help transfering Hand History from Mac to PC

Postby revengaa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi

I have been collecting Hand History data on my Mac for over a year now (I used to use a program called Poker Copilot on by Mac but getting sick of it continually crashing and slow loading times so I just purchased PT3 for my PC Laptop (couldnt get the database to work on my mac for some reason).

The program is going fine on my PC but I can't figure out how to transfer all my hand history files from my Mac to my PC? I assume I should be able to do it as all the files are saved as .txt files on my Mac. I was going to just put them all on a USB stick and just drag and drop into my Pokerstars handhistory folder on the laptop.. the problem is I cant even find the hand history folder on my PC?

PokerTracker is telling me its saving the files to
C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory\Revengaa\

But if I go to Users\Matt there is no 'AppData' directory there?

How do I get my hand history files from my Mac to my PC and how do I even find the hand history directory on my PC in the first place?

Thanks for your help :/
revengaa
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: Need help transfering Hand History from Mac to PC

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:14 pm

The Appdata folder should be there but it may be hidden - try setting show hidden folders in the Windows Explorer options.
However, you don't need to copy hand history the files to that folder - it is quicker to just save them where you want to store them (maybe in the PokerTracker 3\Processed folder) and do a Manual Import from there.

If you want to get PT3 working on your Mac please create a Support ticket and explain your problem and we'll help you get things working - PT3 works fine on Mac once you get it set up.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Need help transfering Hand History from Mac to PC

Postby revengaa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:32 pm

ok thanks. But iv already purchased it for the PC, does that mean i'll have to re purchase it for the Mac version aswell?
revengaa
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: Need help transfering Hand History from Mac to PC

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:34 pm

No - your license is good on any two computers at the same time, that you own and operate. It is not tied to one operating system or the other.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Need help transfering Hand History from Mac to PC

Postby revengaa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:42 pm

Good to know, thanks mate
revengaa
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:42 pm


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests