Mac Error - Unable to Create PostgreSQL database?

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mac Error - Unable to Create PostgreSQL database?

Postby revengaa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi there,

Cant get PT3 to work on my Mac..

When I log into pokertracker a 'Configure PostgreSQL' database pops up.

The PostgreSQL Server information is as follows:

Datebase: PT3_2011_08_10_100625

Server: localhost User: postgres
Port: 5432 Password: svcPASS83

When I click on 'Create' and error message pops up saying:

Unable to create PostgreSQL database:
PT3_2011_08_10_100625
Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason:
could not connect to server: No such file or directory Is
the server running locally and accepting connections on
Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I am running an Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8

what am I doing wrong?

**edit sorry for being dumb but wasn't sure how to get a support ticket..

Regards

Matt
revengaa
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: Mac Error - Unable to Create PostgreSQL database?

Postby revengaa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Can I also say that if I check it to say 'This database already exists' and click 'Connect' instead of 'Create' it says:

Unable to connect to PostgreSQL database:
PT3_2011_08_10_110432
Reason: Unable to login to database
(PT3_2011_08_10_110432). Reason: could not connect to
server: No such file or directory Is the server running
locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket
"/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Cheers
revengaa
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: Mac Error - Unable to Create PostgreSQL database?

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:05 am

That sounds like PostgreSQL isn't running.
Do you have PostgreSQL in the Applications folder?
What happens if you click the Start Server option in there?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests