Trouble Exporting Hands

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Trouble Exporting Hands

Postby tomsom87 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:35 pm

When ever I try to export my database PT3 just freezes and eventually fails to respond and crashes. Everything else works fine I just cannot export.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit if that makes any difference.

Further, I appear not to have a cache status (it says Cache Status: Holdem Tourney: 100%) and am unable to see the import options and tournament detection check boxes (and I cannot resize the window any way and have tried changing my resolution).

Any help would be appreciated.
tomsom87
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Re: Trouble Exporting Hands

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:58 am

Do you have hands other than holdem tournament hands imported in this database?
If so, you should see the other sections listed in the status bar - try running Database > Housekeeping with the ReIndex and Rebuild Cache options in addition to the defaults. If you have a large database this may take some time.

In a large database an export can take some time as well, but I wouldn't expect it to take so long to start that you feel the need to abandon it - it may appear to be frozen initially, but it shouldn't take long to start working visibly.

Your final set of issues is more concerning - what version of PT3 do you have? (see the title bar of PT3)
If it isn't v3.11.6 Beta please update. In fact, it may be worth running the installer again to make sure you have all of the up to date files.
Also make sure that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card - there shouldn't be any display issues with current versions of PT3 if everything is up to date.

If you still have trouble please report your problem - your logs should give us an indication of what is going on.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Trouble Exporting Hands

Postby Parket » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 pm

I have the same problem as TS. I believe it is related to very large databases with many players in it. The Export by default opens the Holdem-Sessions tab which starts populating the Players list. I think this populating continues, even when you go to other tabs, and starts consuming an increasing amount of RAM up to the point where PT3 won't respond anymore and will eventually crash with a C++ runtime error (can't recall the details).

I filed more details in ticket 116292.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Trouble Exporting Hands

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks, we will get back to you in your ticket.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests