Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Postby imfromsweden » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Hello! I've started playing on microgaming, and i can't help but notice that up to 10% of hands are not imported correctly. Everything else is working properly. Any idea what this could be because of?

Thanks, imfromsweden
imfromsweden
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 am

Re: Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:21 am

If you're not using v3.11.7 Beta please update.

Download page
PT3 Build History / Release Notes

Are you getting import errors, or are the hands not in the hand history file?
If you're getting errors please compress the GameHistory.dat file and attach it to a Support Ticket so that we can investigate.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Postby imfromsweden » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:17 am

No, I didn't get any error messages. I'm downloading the latest version now, hopefully it will be better now, we'll see :)
imfromsweden
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 am

Re: Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks please keep us posted.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Postby imfromsweden » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Put in some decent volume, and it still misses a lot of hands. No error messages or anything, hands are just randomly not imported. And it's no specific kind of tables, it for examples imports hand 1-5 hand for a certain one, and then misses hand 6 (despite nothing unusual), and then it continues to import correctly after that. Super weird.
imfromsweden
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 am

Re: Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:26 pm

If you know of a specific hand which wasn't imported please note the hand number and time, or something so that we can identify the exact hand, and then compress the GameHistory.dat file and attach it to a Support Ticket so that we can check whether the hand history was written. If it is not in the file then there is nothing for PT3 to import.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Postby imfromsweden » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 am

I've contacted microgaming, and they've sent me my last 5k hands on their site, which I manually imported in Poker Tracker. However, not a single one was a new hand, all was duplicates. It's therefore likely the problem is not on your end, it would seem microgaming misses to create hand histories for some of the hands I play?
imfromsweden
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 am

Re: Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:50 am

That has been known to happen from time to time, unfortunately there is nothing that we can do about it for you at this time.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Postby imfromsweden » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:12 pm

So I've checked it up with microgaming (I sent them the file where all hand histories are saved) and here's the reply I got:

"Hi xxxx I believe that the player's GameHistory.dat file is probably corrupt. There's a HUGE amount of data in it. (65Mb) The text file it generates for 2 days worth of hands is 9Mb and it includes hands played last year which means that it is not processing dates correctly. Have the player export all he can to a text file to maintain & save those hands that were captured. Then have him rename the GameHistory.dat file. The poker client will create a new clean and unconfused file. This will capture hands as expected."

I was wondering, he writes that I should export my hands to a text file? How and why do I do that? And also, why can't I find the microgaming HHs when I check poker tracker's "proceeded" map?

Thanks, imfromsweden
imfromsweden
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 am

Re: Missing tons of hands on microgaming

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:55 am

Because of the way that the MicroGaming hand history file works it isn't possible to move the file to 'Processed', so you need to clear it out periodically by clicking "Clear Databases Now" in PT3, as described in the MicroGaming Configuration Guide. Personally I would do it at the end of each day's play when all hands have been imported.
I'm not sure how you would export the hands directly from the GameHistory.dat file, but since they're in PT3 you can export from there, and if you prefer to rename the GameHistory.dat file instead of clearing it you could keep the original file too.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests