Can't Get Past The First Screen

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Can't Get Past The First Screen

Postby kingcobrapoker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:36 am

I downloaded a trial of PT3, and the configure postgre screen comes up, I hit OK, and then I get a message saying that it can't connect. So my patience is a little thin here, I already have postgresql set up with HM, no idea what to do here but I am open to suggestions :) Thanks!
kingcobrapoker
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:32 am

Re: Can't Get Past The First Screen

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:32 am

If you already have PostgreSQL installed you'll need to use the PostgreSQL details already configured - if you've used HM try 'postgrespass' as the password.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Can't Get Past The First Screen

Postby kingcobrapoker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Tried that and didn't work, any idea where I can get the actual login details?
kingcobrapoker
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:32 am

Re: Can't Get Past The First Screen

Postby kingcobrapoker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Found the fix through HM and this worked:

Use any user/pass for PostgreSQL

You can't retrieve your username and password, but you can edit the pg_hba.conf file so any username and password will work.
To edit the pg_hba.conf file, do the following:
Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 references to trust. Save and close the file.
Move the file back to the data folder.
Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services

Holdem Maanger and PostgreSQL will accept any password now.
kingcobrapoker
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:32 am

Re: Can't Get Past The First Screen

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Yes, we have a similar guide available here. That approach will work fine.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests