cant instal postgresql

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cant instal postgresql

Postby Creat88 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 am

Hi guyz,

I've been using HM for some time, now i've decided to try PT3. I deleted hm pefore installing pt3
The problem is that when I install pt3, i dont get offered postgresql instalation.
Okay - i download from postgre website, version 8.3 and when I try to install it, they ask for some kind of password. i tried dbpass and svcPASS83 or whatev..

Could u help me >

shot:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/problemaxh.jpg/
Creat88
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:51 am

Re: cant instal postgresql

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Try postgrespass - if that doesn't work, please follow our uninstall/reinstall guide available in our documentation area which will help you set everything up.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: cant instal postgresql

Postby Creat88 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 pm

I did the other thing: i installed postgresql through hm , entered postgrespass, and seems like it logged in. What next should I do ?
Creat88
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:51 am

Re: cant instal postgresql

Postby Creat88 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Seems like I've done everything ok. Just one question: do I have to keep pgAdminIII programme running while using pokertracker ?
Creat88
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:51 am

Re: cant instal postgresql

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:17 pm

No, PGAdmin doesn't need to be running.
As long as the PostgreSQL service is running PT3 should be able to connect using the same username, password and port as HM.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: cant instal postgresql

Postby Creat88 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:23 am

Thanks a lot ! U can lock the topic. :]
Creat88
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:51 am


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests