Page 1 of 1

Session wins in euro's showing as losses in 'My Currency'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:14 am
by Ghartman
Hi Guys,

I've been using this software beta for the last few weeks and it is truly fantastic but, over the last 2 weeks or so, as explained in the thread title, certain table sessions (mainly in euro's) be they wins or losses, are showing up as the opposite in 'My Currency'. Obviously this is a massive problem as I am getting an incorrect winrate tally in my currency. I tried rebuilding the cache in 'database management' but the problem is still occurring randomly. Is this a known problem and/or is there any current solution to this problem at all?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Re: Session wins in euro's showing as losses in 'My Currency

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:10 am
by WhiteRider
I'm not aware of any currency issues in PT3 - you can update the rates for incorrect sessions via the menu Configure > Configure Currency if the rate was set incorrectly.
What exact version of PT3 are you using - is it v3.11.11 Beta?
If not please update.

Download page
PT3 Build History / Release Notes

Re: Session wins in euro's showing as losses in 'My Currency

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am
by Ghartman
WhiteRider wrote:I'm not aware of any currency issues in PT3 - you can update the rates for incorrect sessions via the menu Configure > Configure Currency if the rate was set incorrectly.
What exact version of PT3 are you using - is it v3.11.11 Beta?
If not please update.

Download page
PT3 Build History / Release Notes



Hi,

I'm really sorry but this was supposed to be posted in the PT4 Beta forum. Please move it to the correct section mods. But yes, there are about 6 or 7 sessions where currency wins/losses in 1 currency are showing as the opposite in my currency as explained above.

Thanks

Re: Session wins in euro's showing as losses in 'My Currency

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:54 am
by kraada
Could you attach the hand histories with these problems to a support ticket for us? That would help us figure out what makes these particular hands special.

Re: Session wins in euro's showing as losses in 'My Currency

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:55 am
by Ghartman
kraada wrote:Could you attach the hand histories with these problems to a support ticket for us? That would help us figure out what makes these particular hands special.



Ok, I've done that. I saved them as csv files, is that what you meant?

Thanks

Re: Session wins in euro's showing as losses in 'My Currency

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:15 am
by kraada
Not the reports the original hands you imported into PT4 in order to get the data - those are likely .txt or .xml files.

Re: Session wins in euro's showing as losses in 'My Currency

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 pm
by Ghartman
kraada wrote:Not the reports the original hands you imported into PT4 in order to get the data - those are likely .txt or .xml files.



Just to update that I solved the problem. I went to Database--->Currency then I selected each session giving the wrong p/l and updated the historical currency rates for each one. After a few minutes I sorted them all out and, if it happens again, I update again.

Thanks for your help and this is truly a fantastic piece of software!

Cheers