Page 1 of 1

True (weighted) Agression Factor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:27 pm
by herrbert74
I saw a statistics for Weighted Agression Factor somewhere, but I cannot find it anywhere.
If a player has a 80% VPIP and his TAF is 2, then he is much more agressive than a player with 20% VPIP and with TAF 2. This Weighted (I don't know what it's real name was) Agression Factor takes the VPIP into consideration. Can someone please tell me the expression for this statistics?

Re: True (weighted) Agression Factor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:57 am
by WhiteRider
This is the formula PT3 uses to create the 'Total AF' statistic:
(cnt_f_bet + cnt_f_raise + cnt_t_bet + cnt_t_raise + cnt_r_bet + cnt_r_raise) / (cnt_f_call + cnt_t_call + cnt_r_call)
This does not include preflop actions, but to add them you would just add preflop raises to the first part and calls to the second part.

To see this for yourself, or to create a Custom Statistic, go to Configure -> Configure Stats, choose 'Holdem Cash Player Statistics' section, then click Statistics tab and choose 'Total AF'. If you click the 'Dup' button you can duplicate the stat and add the preflop values.
Have a look round this window, you can do loads with Custom Stats! Documentation.

Re: True (weighted) Agression Factor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:19 am
by herrbert74
Sorry, but I am NOT a beginner. I do know what TAF, custom stats are. I even know the repository. But I cannot find this stat, what I am talking about. I think it was named probably Adjusted Agression Factor, and I read about it on 2+2, but I cannot find it anywhere. Anybody?

Re: True (weighted) Agression Factor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:27 am
by WhiteRider
Ah, sorry - you said you wanted the expression for it.
There is no built-in stat for this in PT3 (yet). Someone probably built it as a Custom Statistic, but maybe they didn't submit it to the Repository. If you know what formula you want to use, you can build the custom stat for it easily by duplicating the existing 'Total AF'.

Re: True (weighted) Agression Factor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:07 pm
by herrbert74
Is my english really that bad?
Yes, I want the expression for it, but not for TAF. Yes someone built a Custom Stat, which is not in the repository. I read it on 2+2 probably. No, I cannot reproduce or find it.

Re: True (weighted) Agression Factor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:57 pm
by tarix
herrbert74 wrote:Is my english really that bad?


No. Your reading comprehension is.

[quote=WhiteRider]
There is no built-in stat for this in PT3 (yet). Someone probably built it as a Custom Statistic, but maybe they didn't submit it to the Repository.[/quote]

It is NOT built in.
YOU will have to create it.

Re: True (weighted) Agression Factor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:21 am
by herrbert74
OMG!
It’s like the conversation of the deaf:
- What’s the time?
- We should be there at 2 o’clock.
- I know, but what’s the time?
- Oh, sorry. If you buy a watch, you will know the time.
- Argh, let me see your wristwatch!
- Nice bracelet, isn’t it?
- Oh sorry, I just wanted to know the time!
- We should be there at 2 o’clock, can't you understand?

Please help!
But only answer if you know something I don't. Especially the expression for the statistics I was talking about.

Re: True (weighted) Agression Factor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:43 am
by WhiteRider
The way you worded your question originally it sounded like you wanted to work out the AF including preflop actions. If that's not what you want, then I'm afraid you'll have to explain it more clearly - I haven't heard of Weighted Agression Factor.

Re: True (weighted) Agression Factor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:07 am
by herrbert74
OK, I found it acciddentally at 2+2, in the Micro Limit forum.
It is Adjusted Aggression Factor (in my language we write aggression with a single G, that's why I couldn't find it), it takes VPIP and WTSD into consideration and it's formula is the following:

(cnt_f_bet + cnt_f_raise + cnt_t_bet + cnt_t_raise + cnt_r_bet + cnt_r_raise) / (cnt_f_call + cnt_t_call + cnt_r_call) * cnt_vpip / cnt_hands / 0.2 * cnt_wtsd / cnt_f_saw / 0.33

Re: True (weighted) Agression Factor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:30 am
by WhiteRider
OK, you should be able to build that as a Custom Stat easily enough, although you will need to work out where the brackets go for the end part of the expression.

In addition to the Documentation see also some walkthroughs in Custom Statistics and Reports FAQ.