PAH won't display tournaments on Poker Stars

General discussion of PokerAce Hud.

Moderator: Moderators

PAH won't display tournaments on Poker Stars

Postby Blue Pig 2 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:19 pm

The ring games work but tournaments will only occassionally display stats, that's a crapshoot. Today my little $3.30 NLHE REBUY TRN is not showing stats and I have opened and closed PAH many times. By the way, opening and closing PAH actually works at times. At times the ring games stop updating, and this is a --->sure fire<--- way to get them started--for ring games, for tournaments it's not so surefire (for the table to appear in the PAH display window and then update stats--for this tournament problem, it doesn't recognize a table--the table doesn't appear in the window--sometimes restarting PAH fixes the problem--the tourney table will appear--not lately though).

I have downloaded what is supposedly the latest PAH, but if you look at the link it shows that it's 1.18. My PAH says it's still 1.18.

I use PT 2.17.03b.

I "have" read the other threads regarding something like this issue. I've read them and I can't say that I agree with much that's there. The troubleshooting logic doesn't seem to make sense, but I could be wrong. I say this because if it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, I doubt it has anything to do with my preferences.

So, is the link to the latest PAH version really the link to the latest PAH version? And how to I resolve, what to me, seems like a simple, but weird acting problem? Surely it's not that hard to fix. Thanks a bunch. I'm not being sarcastic, by the way. Thanks again!
Blue Pig 2
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: PAH won't display tournaments on Poker Stars

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:25 pm

Please update to the latest PAH version 1.19.10.3.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: PAH won't display tournaments on Poker Stars

Postby Blue Pig 2 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:37 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Please update to the latest PAH version 1.19.10.3.


Hey, thanks. I was using the first download, which is not the latest version, the bottom one is. My bad.

I will test at the next tournament.

One question, please. What is "enable logging"? It is checked by default it seems. Thanks again!

EDIT-- Okay, with "enable logging" I saw only one player being updated, with "enable logging" disabled it appears to work perfectly now.

Thanks so much for your help, and it was fast too!
Blue Pig 2
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: PAH won't display tournaments on Poker Stars

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:38 pm

Logging should not affect functionality, but you only need to have it enabled if requested to by support because you have a problem you need us to investigate.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: PAH won't display tournaments on Poker Stars

Postby Blue Pig 2 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Okay this is how it goes.

PAH 1.19.10.3 beta works for me in a Poker Stars tournament as follows:

It will not recognize new players in a tourney on Poker Stars, even after 6-8 hands, but restarting (or starting it to begin with) it picks the players up (provided Poker Tracker picked them up, which it does after a minute or manually forcing).

It looks like it will update players it has been updating (since they have been seated at the table) but it "may" stop updating one or more of them eventually. I thought I saw this, but I cannot confirm this. A player had 2 as his number of hands and I saw that for a while so I restarted PAH and the player went to 7 hands. I suppose this would confirm it, but it's the only time I saw it happen. I am just including this info for reference/if it helps.

In preferences, under General, the first 3 boxes are checked with 1 hand used for averages.

Filters: minimum hands 1, player ranges 2-9, no boxes checked.

Refresh: every (1) hand and min 1, max 1,000,000.

PokerStars: use hand history files. These must be correct since it works most of the time. Prog Files\PokerStars\HandHistory.

I use no other sites.

Databases: Automatically update cache is checked and grayed out.

Holdem: is (blush) My First Poker Tracker Database. And that's old. I do a one step compact when PT prompts me that it's been a while.

I list these items not so someone can respond to me, but in case it helps the developers (since I'm probably not the only one with this issue.

I don't mind restarting PAH during a tourney. That's much better than it not working :)
Blue Pig 2
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: PAH won't display tournaments on Poker Stars

Postby kraada » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Do you use the PAHUD cache? If you click Options --> Preferences, click on Databases on the left and check Use Database Cache. It will take a while to build the cache but if you weren't using one before it will speed things up for you significantly.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest