Page 1 of 1

Access Macro to alter PT2 DB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:52 pm
by TheRudolf
I have a minor issue with my PT2 DB. I have hundreds of SNGs from FT entered by hand as SNG speed/Turbo. The import summaries put the turbos in as SNG 1 table, so I now have > 1000 of those entered. I would like to unify all the data as SNG 1 table. Is there a macro I could write to do it in access, rather than changing 500 table types manually in PT2? Something to the effect of

If (players = 9 and entry fee = $55) then table type = SNG 1 table.

I would really like to have this data unified so I can ananlyse my entire sample. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I have to muck about in access trying to figure out which values represent the appropriuate flags for PT2.

Re: Access Macro to alter PT2 DB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:18 am
by ptrack pat
You would have to use Access to write a SQL update statement to do this. Do you have Access on your computer? Do you know how to write SQL statements to update the database?

Re: Access Macro to alter PT2 DB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:31 pm
by TheRudolf
I do have Access, I am not familiar with SQL statements, but I am sure I can pick it up pretty quickly. I opened the DB up the other day, I know I have to change the tdesc_id values, I am just not sure which table or tables they are kept in, I don't want to corrupt the DB.

Re: Access Macro to alter PT2 DB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:56 pm
by ptrack pat
No, that's not the field you need to change.

The id for a SNG 1 Table tourney is a 1, for a SNG Speed/Turbo tourney it is a 9.

So you need to write an update statement that updates the TOURNEY table updating the TABLE_TYPE field from a 1 to a 9 for these tournaments.

Do you have any "normal" SNG tournaments in your database such that you wouldn't want to overwrite those ID values? Or can you just update all of them to be the speed/turbo ID? Is it just FT tournaments you have in this database or are there tournaments from other sites there too?

Re: Access Macro to alter PT2 DB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:24 pm
by TheRudolf
I am going to update them all to be SNG 1 Table, so everything falls into the same table type, as the new games are read in with that table type from the FT summaries. I have SNG from PS and FT, but the FT SNGs are $55+5, and the PS are $50+5. So if I just check for entry fee and player number, I am sure I am on the right tourney, and I can change the value to SNG 1 table.

Re: Access Macro to alter PT2 DB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:08 pm
by ptrack pat
First, you better make sure you make a backup of your database file before doing this.

Here is the update query you need to create and run....
================================================


update tourney set table_type = 1
where table_type = 9 and site_id = 11 and buy_in = 55 ;

Re: Access Macro to alter PT2 DB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:53 am
by TheRudolf
Thanks for your help! After much delay I have finally updated all my SNG records and everything seems to be working fine.