Error When Starting PT2

Any support related posts should go here.

Error When Starting PT2

Postby Tanksfurnutin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:30 pm

I was compressing my database earlier and during the process my computer froze. When I tried restarting Poker Tracker I now get a error that says.

"Microsoft Jet Database stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change data at the same time."

When I hit "OK" I get a "login" screen for "Data source" "PTRACKHH".

I hope that you can help.

Thanks.
Tanksfurnutin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:10 pm

Re: Error When Starting PT2

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:49 pm

Go to the Start menu and select Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC)
Click on the System DSN tab
Click on the PTRACKHH entry and click the Configure button.
On the next window, click the Repair button and then OK again when prompted.
If this works, try PT again.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Error When Starting PT2

Postby Tanksfurnutin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:02 pm

Pat I was able to repair the database and PT2 starts up without a problem. But when I try to import files I get the following error.

A database error has occurred.
DBCode -1307 Error Text: SQL state=S0002
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
Could Not find output table 'hand_histories'
No Changes made to database

Thanks again for your help.
Tanksfurnutin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:10 pm

Re: Error When Starting PT2

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:47 pm

Go back to the ODBC window. On the window that has the Repair button, right above that in the database section, what is the file name that it's set to? It should be the hhdb.mdb file.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Error When Starting PT2

Postby Tanksfurnutin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:03 am

It is set to ptrack.mdb. When I change it to hhdb.mdb in gives me this error again.

"Microsoft Jet Database stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change data at the same time."

I'm pretty sure I changed the settings and "repaired" the ptrack.mdb originally because I got the above error.
Tanksfurnutin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:10 pm

Re: Error When Starting PT2

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:23 am

OK, it needs to be hhdb.mdb but that file appears to be corrupted. Change it back to hhdb.mdb

Then download this file (right-click on the link below and select Save or Save As)
http://www.pokertracker3.com/products/P ... s/hhdb.mdb

Save it to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder replacing the file that is there now.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Error When Starting PT2

Postby Tanksfurnutin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:58 pm

I replaced the existing file with the new one and now get this error message.

Error Retrieving from the Version_Info table.

-1305-SQLSTATE=S0002
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query
'Version_Info'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

I get additional -1305 errors but I'm sure once we fix the first one the others will be fixed also.

Thanks again for your help.
Tanksfurnutin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:10 pm

Re: Error When Starting PT2

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:28 am

Are you sure you changed the PTRACKHH ODBC entry to point to the hhdb.mdb file? It sounds like you changed the PTRACK entry.

PTRACK - needs to point to ptrack.mdb
PTRACKHH - needs to point to hhdb.mdb
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Error When Starting PT2

Postby Tanksfurnutin » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:36 pm

Fixed!! I had both set for hhdb.mdb. :roll:

Thanks for all your help Pat and Happy Holidays.
Tanksfurnutin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:10 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests