new computer Reinstall

Any support related posts should go here.

new computer Reinstall

Postby robrick39 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:04 pm

I just bought a new computer, (my old computer had a virus, to make a long story short I had to dump it), and so I don’t have PTHoldem or PTOmaha or AceHud anymore.
I know from reading your forum that I can get them reinstalled on my new computer but before I do I have a question.
When I reinstalled Pokerstars and FullTilt on my new computer I put them in Program Files.
After playing a few hands I discovered I wasn’t getting my hand histories.
I emailed PStars and they said:
It is possible that the folder where you are trying to save the files is
Write protected (Program Files folder is often protected). To fix this,
simply go back to the Instant Hand History Options and set the folder
to "My Documents" or similar folder outside of the Program Files folder.

I did this and changed the path to my desktop and that worked so now I am getting my HH’s on my desktop for both PS’s and FT.
Here is my question. When I reinstall the PT programs should I install them to program files or to my documents folder or my desktop?
If I install them to program files I’m afraid it may cause a conflict.
My new system is a Dell Inspiron Desktop with Windows Vista installed.
If you need more info please let me know.
Thanks,
Charles Rick LaVoie
Robrick39
p.s.
Instead of reinstalling PTH & AceHud would it be smart to just get PT3 and would I still get a discount once you look up my file and see that I did have those 2 programs?
robrick39
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: new computer Reinstall

Postby ptrack pat » Sat May 02, 2009 3:40 pm

You need to just install PT in the default location which will be in the c:\program files folder. You also need to read this FAQ ( viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1378 ) about Vista, you need to run all your poker programs as administrator, that means Full Tilt, PokerStars, PT2, PAH, etc, etc.

I would guess this is why you weren't seeing the files being saved the first time, because you didn't run PS or FT as admin therefore, they were being saved to the compatibility files folder. If you run them as admin, I would suggest changing the folders back to their defaults (i.e. c:\program files\pokerstars\handhistory) because it will be a lot easier for you to locate those folders when setting up the auto-import windows in PT.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: new computer Reinstall

Postby robrick39 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:41 am

Thanks for the fast reply.
I will switch PStars & FTilt first and play some hands and see if it works,(i'm sure it will), and then I wil get back to you about reinstalling the programs that I lost due to the virus.
Should I come back on this forum to ask how to get a reinstall?

Thanks,
robrick39
robrick39
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: new computer Reinstall

Postby ptrack pat » Sun May 03, 2009 10:33 am

If you need new registration codes, you have to request them using the online support system. See this FAQ...
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1369
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest