PT2->PT3 migration... 4 hours and counting... argh!

Any support related posts should go here.

PT2->PT3 migration... 4 hours and counting... argh!

Postby fyl2u » Tue May 13, 2008 10:55 am

Right - what a nightmare day so far...

First of all, I'm pretty computer literate, I have a degree, but I've done zero database stuff since 1992.

Tying to migrate from PT2 to PT3.

My database was the regular access database, not the SQL one, so I eventually found instructions no how to convert.

My PT3 installation was a With SQL one, so I had to completely uninstall postgreSQL and PT3, install PGSQL on its own, install PT3 WITHOUT PGSQL, configure it all manually for ODBC etc...

Finally I managed to get PT2 to start converting the database to PGSQL and after half an hour or so, it finally said...

[ img ]

ARGH!

...after which it said "*** User stopped the conversion, new database is being dropped" and stopped.

Please help... my head's spinning with all the ODBisCuits and SQuirreLs running around it.
fyl2u
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: PT2->PT3 migration... 4 hours and counting... argh!

Postby ptrack pat » Tue May 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Open the File > Maintain Database Names window. Double-click on the name field for "My First Poker Tracker Database" and it will open a window to tell you the file size and name of the file. What are those?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: PT2->PT3 migration... 4 hours and counting... argh!

Postby fyl2u » Tue May 13, 2008 12:48 pm

File Name:
C:\Program Files\Poker Tracker V2\ptrack.mdb

File Size:
191,435 KB
fyl2u
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: PT2->PT3 migration... 4 hours and counting... argh!

Postby ptrack pat » Tue May 13, 2008 4:13 pm

ZIP that file and FTP it to me, I will PM you with directions.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: PT2->PT3 migration... 4 hours and counting... argh!

Postby fyl2u » Tue May 13, 2008 4:58 pm

done done done and done.

PM waiting for you.

Thanks Pat.
fyl2u
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: PT2->PT3 migration... 4 hours and counting... argh!

Postby fyl2u » Tue May 13, 2008 10:55 pm

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Sorted.

Thanks Pat, you're a star!

Best regards.
fyl2u
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: PT2->PT3 migration... 4 hours and counting... argh!

Postby ptrack pat » Wed May 14, 2008 9:05 am

Glad to hear it. Thanks.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests