PT2 freezes when opening second instance of application

Any support related posts should go here.

PT2 freezes when opening second instance of application

Postby goofyballer » Tue May 27, 2008 10:26 am

I never used to have a problem opening up multiple instances of PT2; I'd usually leave one minimized with auto-imports running and then open another instance when I wanted to open another database/look at stats/etc.

For the past month? or so, about 70% of the time I open a new instance of PT2 when one is already running, it freezes shortly after opening (after the warning box about PT already being open and after the application appears, but before I have a chance to access menus or anything). I remember behavior like this happening before when there was a problem with the update/reg/whatever server, but if I leave the program sitting there for a long period of time it will never recover (whereas if it was some kind of server problem it would obviously time out eventually and let me use the program).
goofyballer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: PT2 freezes when opening second instance of application

Postby ptrack pat » Tue May 27, 2008 10:59 am

I don't know what would cause this and haven't seen other users with this issue. What version of PT2 are you using? If it's 2.17.02 then that version doesn't even check for updates so that's not the issue. Is there an updating going on in the other instance of the program at the time this happens? What happens if you try to open 2 instances of PT one right after the other before you start doing anything with them. Does it happen then too?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: PT2 freezes when opening second instance of application

Postby goofyballer » Tue May 27, 2008 9:00 pm

It's 2.17.02a, though it also happened with 2.16.x. The other instance of the program is usually just chilling on auto-import (though whether or not there are actually hands to import doesn't seem to matter wrt this problem, I usually don't have poker clients open) and has been open for awhile when this happens. Starting with 0 instances open and opening a couple in succession seems to work fine.
goofyballer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: PT2 freezes when opening second instance of application

Postby goofyballer » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:10 am

Bump. Happening right now, the first instance has been open a few days and is just chilling importing FTP files.
goofyballer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: PT2 freezes when opening second instance of application

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:33 am

I don't know what the problem is. I thought the work around was to open multiple instances before you started doing anything - you said this was working.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests