Importing email summaries from Party fails

Any support related posts should go here.

Importing email summaries from Party fails

Postby donkraft » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi

When I try to import email summaries for SNGs from Party via Pop3, I get an error. This happened suddenly (about a week ago), after working for 2 months. Last time I had this problem, it was due to an update in the format from Party, and was resolved by updating to the latest PokerTracker version. I have 2.17.2 now.

I press "Check Pop3 email", and press import, and the first email seems to start to import, but then the process just stops - no errors are displayed, and the program is not frozen.

It is not limited to one problematic email/summary, since I have tried at least 5 different summaries.

I tried accessing my emails via webmail, copy+pasted the summary into a text file and imported it using "Import Hand Histories/Tournament Summaries" - and that worked, no errors.

I cut the top off the email, so the textfile starts like this:



(start)
You requested a transcript of Tournament #40740675.

Summary
----------
Played on : 23 June 2008 02:52 PM
On Table : Table 126219
Game Type : Texas Holdem
Buy-In : $30
Fee : $3
You finished in position 3
1st place - Villain1 - $150
2nd place - Villain2 - $90
3rd place - Hero - $60

***** Hand History for Game 7164647532 *****
(etc)

Does anybody else have similar problems - and how can I resolve it?
donkraft
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Importing email summaries from Party fails

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:15 pm

Forward to me, as an attachment, one of these emails. Send it to support at pokertracker dot com - forward as an attachment so that the formatting doesn't get lost.

My understanding is that Party changed their format in that unless you finish in the $ the email they send with the summary does not include the payout for all the top 3 players nor does it contain any hands after you busted out.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Importing email summaries from Party fails

Postby donkraft » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:16 am

Looks like you are right, Pat! No summary of winners is in the document, if you are not in the $ yourself. Very weird change.

I can't forward as attachment from the webmail I use for my party email account, but I copy+pasted it to textfiles and sent it to support at pokertracker dot com. Hope that will do.
donkraft
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Importing email summaries from Party fails

Postby donkraft » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:19 am

I just realized, that this makes the summaries worthless, if you already import the hand histories. What a shame Party made this change, this makes it impossible for me to see, who of my competition is making money and who isn't.

So don't waste your time getting this to work again, Pat - I am sure you have better things to do. :)
donkraft
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Importing email summaries from Party fails

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:53 am

Yeah, I know. I'm not sure why they changed this after so many years. It's almost like they change things because they have nothing better to do.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests