Page 1 of 1

PT startup problem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:41 pm
by Seprezol
I've had some recent issues with PTH2 locking up on startup. The last couple days, I would start PT, start an auto-import dialogue, and minimize it. It was soon obvious that it wasn't auto-importing, but alas I couldn't switch back to PT. In Task manager, "End Task" fails to kill the process. Today I ran PTH2 and there was nothing but a small presence in task manager:

[ img ]

...I still can't kill it in Task manager. Reboot/try again gets same result. So I am pretty confused. :(

I have run PTH2 on this machine for about a year with no problems. Only things new to this machine since the freezes started are Firefox 3 and a new wireless mouse.

Buzz

Re: PT startup problem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:56 pm
by ptrack pat
What email was used to purchase PT2? I have no record of this one used for the forum.

Re: PT startup problem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:32 pm
by Seprezol
Sent via pm.

Re: PT startup problem

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:45 am
by ptrack pat
Please get this patch and see if that helps:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4493

Re: PT startup problem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:37 pm
by Seprezol
ptrack pat wrote:Please get this patch and see if that helps:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4493


Installed the patch and no help. :( I look forward to the pokerstars errors fix tho!

Re: PT startup problem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:24 pm
by ptrack pat
Backup the database files listed here, save them to another folder for safe keeping...
http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/vie ... =30&t=1369

Use the Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs window to uninstall PT.

Reinstall PT...
http://www.pokertracker3.com/products/PTH/download.php

Then install the Stars patch...
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4493

Can you open it now?? If so, CLOSE PT and copy back the database files you saved to the newly installed c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder and you should have your data back.

If the program becomes unregistered, create a support ticket by clicking the link below and send me the new product ID from the Help/About Poker Tracker window...
http://www.pokertracker3.com/support/?cat_id=4

Re: PT startup problem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:42 pm
by Seprezol
OK I was able to copy the *.mdb files, re-install PTH, and open PTH. However, when I copied the database files back, it locked up on copying ptrack.mdb. I will reboot and try again.

However, I have a suspicion that my database files were corrupted because of a couple things: I seem to recall that backup/compact db&hh failed last time I tried it. Also, pokergrapher froze when I opened it this morning. Finally the ptrack.mdb won't move.

I have hhcopy.mdb and ptrack_backup.mdb in another folder, from my last successful backup on 6/26. Should I work with these files, and how?

Thanks again!
Buzz

Re: PT startup problem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:05 pm
by ptrack pat
Try renaming the ptrack.mdb file to ptrack_bad.mdb and then rename that backup file to ptrack.mdb and see if that can be copied over.

Re: PT startup problem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:04 pm
by Seprezol
OK that seems to have worked! woot! :D

I'll just re-import hands since 6/26 and I think I'm good to go.

Thanks!
Buzz