Suggestions Regarding On Demand Pop-up HUD Stat Retrieval

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Suggestions Regarding On Demand Pop-up HUD Stat Retrieval

Postby oracle3001 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:47 pm

I have just been informed today that Pop-Up panels for the HUD only fill on demand. However, if a lot of action is going on, big DB, etc, I have experienced on a regular basis clicking to open the pop-up and just not having time to wait for it to populate there and then before having to act. It can often take 5-10s for this to complete and when playing even 6 tables, you just don't have the time to wait that long. Thus, I get stuck in a cycle in play of needing a stat from the pop-up, but never having long enough to enable it to fill with stats so I can use it....or having to spend idle moment clicking around to try and fill in pop-up panels of various players, rather than them being complete as and when needed without having to make any considerations.

Thus, if I may make the following AND / OR suggestions (for at least having the ability to set this behaviour in the options).

1) If a pop-up is clicked, but closes before it has populated, that the db queries continue in the background and the pop-up fills behind the scenes. Therefore, upon future clicks of the pop-up the stats are populated.

2) Although it has been stated that the pop-up stats are on demand in order to reduce CPU usage / Postgres Querying. The ability to have a "worker" method that goes further than suggestion 1, and goes around populating all pop-up stats in the background when the CPU / Postgres usage isn't very high.

3) If the pop-ups are populated for one table, they are also populated for the same player at other open tables.
oracle3001
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 am

Re: Suggestions Regarding On Demand Pop-up HUD Stat Retrieva

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:49 am

Thanks for your suggestions.
I'm told by the development team:

1) This is how our popups currently behave.

2) This is already scheduled for development.

3) We've talked about something that would provide the same effect, but I'll add this idea as well.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Suggestions Regarding On Demand Pop-up HUD Stat Retrieva

Postby oracle3001 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:15 am

Re 1)....As I mentioned in my post on the other thread, this isn't what I am currently experiencing.
oracle3001
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 am

Re: Suggestions Regarding On Demand Pop-up HUD Stat Retrieva

Postby oracle3001 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:20 am

[Moved to appropriate thread]
oracle3001
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 am


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests